Tuesday, April 13, 2010

Rings

I've been wearing a lot of my mother's rings. They remind me of her so in a way, it's a comfort thing. Is that a weird thing to feel? I mean it's a ring. But then again, a lot of people pass down family rings to their kids. I've told Shaun he can have my wedding ring to give to his wife. That would make me happy. It would always be "this was Shaun's mom's ring." I would always be there. Or at least as long as he was married. But then I worry because what if his bride ended up his ex! Would she keep the ring or have the decency to give it back? You never know do you? So what do you do? Do you take the leap of faith? And, does any mom really feel certain about her daughter in law? I want a daughter in law I can love and do things with and just enjoy. But I digress.

Back on the rings...so I've been wearing my Mom's rings. She had this plain silver band and it has the words "Harley Davidson" handwritten on it. Don't ask and I won't tell. ANYWAY, I hated this ring when she wore it. It was just a silver band and I hated it. Now, now I LOVE it. I look at it and immediately think of my Mom and I feel closer to her. I've found that I wear it almost every day.

Weird. Life is weird. Who would have EVER thought that one of the most loved things that my mother left behind was a silly silver band? Weird.

No comments:

Post a Comment